AQUILINO "NENE" Q. PIMENTEL
- Elected Senator, 1987-1992
- Appointed Presidential Adviser on National Affairs and Chief Negotiator with the Muslim
- Cabinet Member, 1986-87
- Appointed Minister of Local Government, 1986
- Elected Assemblyman representing Cagayan de Oro at the Batasang Pambansa, 1984-1986
where in 1984 he was ousted as an Assemblyman but reinstated by the order of the Supreme
- Elected Mayor Cagayan de Oro City, 1980-1984 where in 1982 Marcos ousted him as mayor
bur reinstalled through public demonstrations.
- Elected Delegate to the 1971 Constitutional Convention
- Known as the father of the Local Government Code, the Cooperative Code, the Autonomous
Region of Muslim Mindanao, the Philippine Sports Commission Act and the Small-Scale Mining
- He was one of the opposition members arrested and detained during the Martial Law
- He held various positions in several educational institutions.
- Senior Partner, Aquilino Q. Pimentel Jr. and Associates Law Offices, at present.
- Voted No.1 Senator for Industry, Intelligence and Integrity by the Senate Media
reporters for the first Session of the 1987-1992 Senate.
- Voted consistently among outstanding senators by the Senate and other media reporters
for all the sessions of the 1987-1988 senate.
Christian Action for Peaceful and Meaningful
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon
Tel. No. 924-4951 local 3588, Fax No. 924-4442
All Rights Reserved 1998