VISION AND GOALS
Romero envisions of a "progressive provinces towards a progressive
Philippines." He believes not only in a decentralized system of political
administration, but in spreading national resources and opportunities for the benefit of
the entire country.
- Elected as Congress Representative of the 2nd District of Negros Oriental for
three consecutive terms where in ten years of service, he has modernized his district with
infrastructure projects including the nearly completed Dumaguete Alternate International
Airport and the ongoing construction of the International Port of Dumaguete, as well as
the implementation of sports development, free college scholarships and livelihood
- Chairman of the Bicameral Commission on Appointments, being the first Congressman to
hold such post in 30 years.
- He ahs been representing the Philippines in various Political and International Trade
matters, accompanying some of the Presidents visits.
- He was the principal author of the International Revenue Allotment (IRA) Law, the
principal co-author of the Bases Conversion Law, doubling the share of 20% share of local
governments from the national to 40%; the co-author the National Steel Law as well as the
Philippine Economic Zone Authority Law (PEZA), all of which seeks to set up economic and
tourism zones in strategic areas of the Philippines.
- He has been a successful law practitioner, businessman and civic leader having been a
past officer of the Jaycees and the Rotary Club.
Christian Action for Peaceful and Meaningful
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon
Tel. No. 924-4951 local 3588, Fax No. 924-4442
All Rights Reserved 1998