JOHN HENRY RENNER OSMEÑA
- Elected as Congress Representative of the 3rd District of Cebu, 1995
- Elected as Senator in 1971, reelected in 1987and 1992.
- As senator, he was a graft buster, being the man behind the Senate Investigation of
Human Rights violation, the Philippine Airlines scam and the Philippine Ports Authority
- He sponsored among others, a number of development-oriented bills like the Municipal
Telephone Act, the Mini-Hydro Electric Program, the Telecoms Act and the creation of the
Philippine Postal Corporation (Philpost).
- Appointed OIC Mayor of Cebu City, 1986
- Elected as Congress Representative of the 2nd District of Cebu, 1969
- Elected Councilor of Cebu City in 1963 and reelected in 1967.
- He was one of the politicians injured in the 1971 Miting de Avance of the Liberal Party
in Plaza Miranda.
- Named Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Philippines (TOYM) by Philippine Jaycees, 1970
- Awarded One of the Ten Outstanding Congressmen by Congressional Press Club, 1970-1971
Christian Action for Peaceful and Meaningful
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon
Tel. No. 924-4951 local 3588, Fax No. 924-4442
All Rights Reserved 1998