|RENE "COMPAÑERO" CAYETANO
- Ramoss Chief Presidential Counsel and Member of the Cabinet
- Co-Vice Chairman, Presidential Anti-Crime Commission (PACC)
- Before joining the government, Rene Cayetano was active in private practice and handled
many sensational cases, notably as private prosecutor in the 1994 Manila Filmfest scam and
as private counsel of Lauro Vizconde in the ongoing trial of the Vizconde massacre case.
- Co-founder of the well-known Pecabar Law Offices.
- Former President, Rotary Club of Parañaque and Parañaque Jaycees
- Elected as Assemblyman to the Batasang Pambansa (1984) after which he was appointed
Deputy Minister for Trade and Industry and Administrator of the Export Processing Zone
authority (now known as PEZA).
- Past Chairman, The House of Delegates.
- Past Governor, Integrated Bar of the Philippines.
- He is a member of the Philippine Constitution Association, the Manila Overseas Press
Club and several other civic and business organizations.
- Finalist for the Field of Law, Ten Outstanding Young men.
He was Conferred a Doctorate Degree in Humanities, Honoris Causa, Misamis
University, for his extraordinary contributions to law practice.
Christian Action for Peaceful and Meaningful
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon
Tel. No. 924-4951 local 3588, Fax No. 924-4442
All Rights Reserved 1998