RODOLFO G. BIAZON
- Elected as Senator in 1992 where, as a neophyte legislator, he filed more than 60
landmark bills and was considered one of the topnotch lawmakers by the number of his bills
enacted into laws, which mainly focused on the housing and the plight of the urban poor,
national defense, education, environment and social justice.
- Assigned Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines in 1991 where he laid the
groundwork of the modernization concepts of the Armed Forces.
- Assigned Vice Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and was responsible
for the formulation of the Code of Ethics which governs the conduct of members of AFP and
upon which all military personnel render their oath of commitment to continually improve
themselves professionally as soldiers.
- Commandant, Philippine Marine Corps, 1987
- He was Commander of the National Capital Region Defense Command where he defended the
Constitution against several major coup attempts from 1987-1989.
- Former Superintendent, Philippine Military Academy
- Awarded the Distinguished Conduct Star , the second highest award for gallantry in
action aside from the 24 other medals for his meritorious achievements, public service,
exemplary performance of duty and active anti-dissidence campaigns as well as disaster
rescue, relief and rehabilitation operations.
Christian Action for Peaceful and Meaningful
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon
Tel. No. 924-4951 local 3588, Fax No. 924-4442
All Rights Reserved 1998