TRACK RECORD AND CITATIONS
- Elected Congressman and became the Chairman of the Appropriations Committee for 11
years- a record unprecedented in the history of Philippine Congress.
- He was the principal author of laws granting honorarium to Barangay Officials, salaries
to local Sanggunians, Earthquake fund, Mt. Pinatubo Fund, PERA, Bonus and increased salary
and benefits to teachers, policemen, soldiers and other government personnel; upliftment
of OCWs, Cooperatives, retirees, veterans, scholars, farmers, fisherman and the common
- He also initiated the funding for pre-school/ kindergarten education, subsidy to private
schools, and for El Niño- affected areas.
- Former Undersecretary of Budget and Management.
- Elected Vice Governor of Camarines Sur before the Martial Law.
- Member for 4 consecutive terms, Philippine Legislature.
- He was consistently voted "Ten Outstanding Congressmen," and "Top Three
Congressmen" by the UP Institute of Strategic Studies.
- He was the youngest to pass the CPA exams at 19 and a CPA-Lawyer at 24.
Christian Action for Peaceful and Meaningful
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon
Tel. No. 924-4951 local 3588, Fax No. 924-4442
All Rights Reserved 1998