|LISANDRO "BOY" ABADIA
TRACK RECORD AND CITATIONS
- He supervised the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) meetings, protecting heads of
states, in 1996.
- He contributed significantly to the orderly and peaceful elections in 1992 and the
consequent smother transfer of government power from Pres. Aquino to Pres. Ramos.
- Former Chief Of Staff armed Forces of the Philippines and credited with unifying the
fractious AFP and restoring meritocracy as the basis for promotion and assignment.
- He stood by the side Aquino Government during the coup attempted against the
- He was deployed to South Vietnam with PHILCAG for two years.
- He retired from the military service in 1994, which earned for him 30 military awards,
24 campaign ribbons, badges and foreign decorations, and 35 commendations.
Christian Action for Peaceful and Meaningful
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon
Tel. No. 924-4951 local 3588, Fax No. 924-4442
All Rights Reserved 1998