|SANTANINA "NINA" RASUL
- Member, Philippine Government Panel which successfully forged the Pe3ace Agreement with
the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF), 1996.
- Elected Senator in 1987 and Reelected in 1992 where she authored several bills mostly
for the welfare of the government employees, for women and for the advancement of
- Member, UNESCO Philippines Commission, representing Muslims and Cultural Communities,
- Project Director, The adult literacy project, Magbassa Kita, of the Ministry of
Education Culture and Sports 1986-1987
- Commissioner, National Commission on the Role of Filipino Women (NCRFW), 1976-1985.
- First Civilian Head, Department of Political Science, national Defense College of the
- Elected to the Three Member Provincial Board of the Sulu Province, 1972-1976.
- Member < Executive Committee of the League of Provincial Board Members to draft a
position paper for the consideration of the Committee to Review the Local Government Code,
- Public School Teacher, Siasi and Jolo, Sulu, 1952-1957
- Elected, Barrio Councilor, Moore Avenue, Jolo, Sulu for two terms, 1960-1961 and
- She served in various non-government organizations in several positions.
- Silver Jubilee Achievement Award for her promotion of Literacy nationwide by the Reading
Association of the Philippines in coordination with DECS, 1995
- Ina ng Bayan Awardee, Gintong Ina Foundation, 1991
- Awards List, UNESCO International Literacy Prize Jury Award for her pioneering work in
the field of literacy for girls and women in the South, 1990.
- Gintong Ina Awards for Government and Public Service, Gintong Ina Foundation, 1988
- UNESCO NESIM HABIF Award for primers written to promote literacy in the Philippines:
Asia and the Pacific (Third Prize), Bangkok, 1985.
- Sultan Dipatuan Kudarat Award of Distinction as Outstanding Achiever of Mindanao and
- Outstanding Muslim Woman Leader, Mindanao Information Network for Development and
- UNESCO Award of Merit, 1983
- Tandang Sora Award for Government and Community Service, 1981