TERESA "TESSIE" AQUINO-ORETA (TAO)
VISION AND GOALS
Job, health and food "Ang TAO ay dapat may hanapbuhay, malusog, at
busog!"- are the three legislative concern that have guided Tessie Aquinos
actions and influenced the issues she has chosen to engaged in. She has always believed
that genuine development is synonymous with healthy economic growth that enhances and
meets human needs and aspirations.
The goal of total well-being of our people is her guiding principle in public service.
- She has served as Representative of the Malabon-Navotas District for three consecutive
terms and was the first woman member of Congress to ever hold the position of Assistant
- As a congresswoman, she has authored, co-authored and sponsored about 280 bills and 101
proposed resolutions of local and national significance, out of which about 79 bills were
enacted into laws and 20 of those resolutions were adopted by the Congress.
- She has fought for the rights of the most disadvantaged and marginalized sectors of our
society through the enactment of laws protecting the rights of women and children;
sponsored the establi8shment of child-care centers nationwide and was one of the main
authors of the new Anti-Rape Law.
- Lt. Col. (Reserve), Philippine Airforce.
- Youngest sister of the late Ninoy Aquino
Christian Action for Peaceful and Meaningful
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon
Tel. No. 924-4951 local 3588, Fax No. 924-4442
All Rights Reserved 1998