ROBERTO "BOBBY" F. DE
- Secretary, Department of Finance, 1994-1997 where he was credited as:
-One of the main architects behind the Philippines Economic turns.
-Responsible for formulating financial and economic policies that enabled the
countrys economy in achieving a double-digit growth.
-Behind the drafting of the Comprehensive Tax Reform Package (CTRP).
- Chairman, Coordinating Council for the Philippine Assistance Program (CCPAP),
- He was Chairman and Chief Executive (1989-1994), Vice Chairman and Chief Operating
Officer (1988-1989), Senior Vice President (Branch Banking Group, 1987-1988) and Executive
Officer (1987) of the Development Bank of the Philippines where in 1993 he was credited
for opening up of the international capital market to Philippine corporate issuers by
issuing the banks own Eurobonds.
- He was Senior Loan Officer (1985-1987) and Loan Officer (1987-1985) of the World
Bank/IBRD, Washington, D.C.
- He was Acting Administrator (1977-1978), Deputy Administrator (1971-1977) of the
National Electrification Administration.
- He held various positions in many Private and Government offices as well as positions in
Professional and Civic Organizations.
- First Filipino Awarded the Worlds Best Finance Minister
- First Filipino to be awarded Best Finance Minister:
-Euromoneys Best Finance Minister in the World, 1995
-Euromoneys Best Finance Minister in Asia, 1996
-Asiamoneys Best Finance Minister, 1997
- Gintong Ama Awardee, 1997
- Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Philippines Awardee, 1975
- The First Man of the Year Awardee by ADFIAP
Awarded the Sultan a Mangompia sa Ranao for supporting the socio-economic growth
of the Muslim area
Christian Action for Peaceful and Meaningful
Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon
Tel. No. 924-4951 local 3588, Fax No. 924-4442
All Rights Reserved 1998